Newborn photography

05:00


Newborn photography has recently become a popular thing to do in the U.K. Needless to say I jumped on the band wagon and book my spot months before Jackson was born. I really didn't know what to expect on the day and of course never being anywhere with a young baby before I was nervous.  I had worrying thoughts that my baby boy would be uncomfortable and cry the whole time or that we wouldn't even be able to get there on time. However, all my fears disappeared when we entered the nice warm and welcoming studio. We had a brief chat about what to expect and she explained that if my baby didn't settle after an hour or seams to be too upset that we could reschedule.   I then stripped Jackson down to his nappy and delicately placed him down onto the fluffy beanbag which was pre warmed with a hot water bottle. He looked peaceful and after an hour of shushing and rocking he drifted off into a peaceful slumber and the photographer started to pose and photograph him. I was in every way involved with the process helping lull him to sleep and sitting right beside him the whole time it was lovely to see her work and I felt a sense of admiration and was in awe with the way my little one looked. The four hours passed quickly and soon enough we said our good byes and waited excitingly for our photos to arrive.
I will be booking some more photography sessions for Jackson when he can sit or walk because I find that photos are the perfect keepsake, I mean real photos that you can hold and display in your living room or under the bed in an old shoe box. I find that they are also good gifts for grandparents who adore your new bundle of joy!


Jackson's dad is a ice hockey player in his spare time. He plays for a local team and wanted to have some hockey type photos of Jackson with his shirt. It was a great way for him to feel more involved with the process, he cannot wait until he is old enough to start ice Hockey. He also had some nice photos to show off to his team mates who in turn gave him the whole ice hockey congratulations by banging their sticks of the ice in true hockey celebration.
I think we were lucky to have such a flexible photographer because some might refuse to do this type of shoot, so if you are booking a session double check that its okay to bring your own props.

The whole experience is defiantly worth it and I didn't think I would enjoy myself as much as I did. You of course can take photos at home for free and save them but there is something special about having professional photographers work their magic to get the photos you really want.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog